You’re invited to take a tour of the Dogwood Center for Performing Arts! Come on over and “Get In On the Act” as you get to visit all the in’s and out’s of your local performing arts venue. Sign up to win door prizes and indulge in refreshments!
Dogwood Center for Performing Arts, celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2012, is proud that it has established itself as an organization dedicated to its mission and serving the people of Newaygo County. We are excited to be planning and working “to set the stage” for the next 10 years!
Have you ever wondered what it looks like in the technician’s booth? Would you like to see what an “intelligent light” looks like? Wonder what your voice sounds like over a microphone? Step behind the scenes for a unique tour of the Dogwood Center and be guided through the facilities and equipment! Everyone is invited, so bring your friends and neighbors to check out the Dogwood!
Tour and experience the following on September 30:
- Technician’s Booth - Main Stage and Black Box sound and light controls. Includes new equipment recently acquired!
- Green Room - the comfortable space performers are in right before they come on stage.
- Main Stage - see the rigging controls for the stage and try out the microphone …. feel the bright lights like you are the performer!
- Catwalk - look down from above and see how the lighting is hung. A great view of the main stage!
- Dressing Rooms - look in the same mirrors that Judy Collins, Garrison Keillor, Janis Ian, Verve Pipe, John Berry, and dancers from the New York City Ballet have looked!
- Black Box - enjoy some light refreshments and the sounds of local pianists as they perform on the Dogwood’s Steinway piano!
- Enter a door prize drawing for 2 tickets to the upcoming performance of Aquila Theatre’s Cyrano de Bergerac!
Free Admission, no tickets required. All ages! 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.